CK group issue in pharos 1.5.12

Hey all i'm trying to use some CK iW profile in Pharos. I can setup and patch the fixtures perfectly but i can seem to get them to assign to a group. When i select them and right click to create group it creates and empty group. This problem seems to exist for all the iW products. Anyone got any thoughts? Thanks!

-Lowell

• Lowell,

I tried to duplicate the issue you are having when I remembered/ noticed that the iW fixtures do not have standard fixture profiles in Pharos Designer. Where did the fixture profiles you are using come from? I checked all the other CK fixtures in the standard library and did not have any issue creating groups form the fixtures. I'd be interested in seeing the fixture profile, or even the project file you are using.

Thanks

[edited by: bpalmer at 1:04 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, May 5 2009]
  • From Pharos:

As iWhite does not fit within standard RGB handling, it is supported by treating the fixtures as movers. This accommodates multiple-attribute programming (two intensity channels in this case).  If you select the fixtures in the Movers screen, create a new preset and go to the Colour kind, you will see two sliders for warm & cool white.  Group creation is not required for movers, so is disallowed.  The fixtures selected when creating the preset replaces any need for a  group select.

Hope this helps

-Shaun

• Thanks Shaun! I see exactly how to do it now!

-Lowell

Related