Simple way to trigger an 24h timeline?

Hi,

• I have a real time trigger for a "base timeline effect", that triggers every day at midnight and is not absorbed.
  • I have a real time trigger for a "1 day timeline effect", that triggers at a specific day at midnight - e.g. 1st of May.
  • I have a real time trigger to dim the lights every day at 23.00 on work days
  • I have a real time trigger to dim the lights every day at 01.00 on the weekends
  • I have a real time trigger to turn on the lights at 6.00 if between sunset and sunrise
  • I have a real time trigger to turn off the lights at sunrise.
  • I have a real time trigger to turn on the lights at sunset.

The triggers are currently in this order. So far I have used the "negate on 1st of May" for the real time dimmer triggers (for this example), but this seems quite error-prone, since I have to do it for each 1-day event separately for each of the dimmer triggers.

What is the easiest way to make the "1 day timeline effect" run from from midnight to midnight at 100% dimmer ignoring other the dimmer triggers for that day and dim after it's done?

I am running 2.8.1 firmware.

Kind regards, Andres 

Parents
  • Without seeing your exact config I am cannot be sure on exactly how this is setup but here is where I would start.

First your base timeline, if this is just a static look then I would just have a timeline that starts on startup but set its priority to Lowest.
    This will mean this timeline can be stomped on by other timelines at higher priorities but when they release it will still be playing back in the background.

Your 1 Day effect timeliene can run at Normal Priority and as above will stomp on the normal timeline but when its released it will go back to the base.

For your real time triggers that are setting levels of the fixtures I would make these be set master intensity actions so they just dim up and down the master meaning the base timeline again is still running underneath.

To stop the master intensity triggers from running when using your special 1 day timeline then I would add a condition of if timeline on stage (negate) to these triggers so they wont fire if the special 1 day timeline is playing back but will when it isn't running

Hope this makes sense.

Tom

• Without seeing your exact config I am cannot be sure on exactly how this is setup but here is where I would start.

First your base timeline, if this is just a static look then I would just have a timeline that starts on startup but set its priority to Lowest.
    This will mean this timeline can be stomped on by other timelines at higher priorities but when they release it will still be playing back in the background.

Your 1 Day effect timeliene can run at Normal Priority and as above will stomp on the normal timeline but when its released it will go back to the base.

For your real time triggers that are setting levels of the fixtures I would make these be set master intensity actions so they just dim up and down the master meaning the base timeline again is still running underneath.

To stop the master intensity triggers from running when using your special 1 day timeline then I would add a condition of if timeline on stage (negate) to these triggers so they wont fire if the special 1 day timeline is playing back but will when it isn't running

Hope this makes sense.

Tom

Children
Related