Record DMX output to button station

I have looked around the forum but cannot seem to find this, even thought I am sure it is on here. 

I have a small college theater that is installing some new LED fixtures and would like to add them to the architectural control.  Since they are going to be moving these around but would still like to make some standard presets I thought it would be easiest for them to set it the look on the console and snap shot the DMX to a preset.  How do I get the record function to listen to the console

Current setup is Sensor 96, Element console, Paradigm Unison ACP. touch screen and a 10 button station.

Parents
  • Would this have anything to do with a sACN Gateway?  Can I have the sACN network listen to the DMX values?  This would seem entirety too easy, lol

• The Paradigm ACP, like a console, needs channels defined and a patch established before it can snapshot DMX or sACN values.  The addresses that your LED's are utilizing must be created then added to the presets your control station and touchscreen are configured to record/recall.  This is accomplished through the configuration software 'Light Designer' to which ETC service providers have access.   I recommend you contact the company that installed your system, or your local ETC dealer and they will be able to coordinate the configuration modifications necessary.  If you don't know any local ETC peeps, contact tech support directly and they'll be able to send you down the right path.  Good luck!

• I have Light Designer and I am a certified tech.  Just been a while since I have been on site, and was trying to figure it out before I got there.  Sounds like it is all in the patch which I have done already, so it should be good when I get there.  Always good to have ETC on speed dial though!

• In addition to having the fixture/ channels patched you will also need to ensure that they are included in the presets that are assigned to the buttons you want to record to.

Reply Children
No Data
Related