Visibility Groups

Hi

I'm trying to make buttons on a touch screen appear or disappear depending on the state of a wall. I grasp the concept of visibility groups however I cant seem to work out how to implement them. Any help or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • If you put the touch screen on the other side of the wall, then when the wall closes, you wont be able to see the buttons (or the entire touch screen) unless the wall has a window in it....

Anyway, if you are talking "Legacy" then the trick is to use macros to open/close walls and have the macros also change lockout/visibility levels or change pages. Of course, then you have to use loops, etc to keep buttons lit to fake the wall indication....
  • The amusing part is your right, the touch screen is behind a wall with a window in it up in the control room that overlooks the ballroom :)

A bit more detail.
    The ballroom has a dividing wall and each half has a 10 button station to control its respective lighting.
    The touch screen has a "Room Link" button that when presses simulates the wall opening and runs a macro that changes pages on the two 10b stations so they now control the whole space.

The touch screen has three other buttons on the home screen
    a)Ballroom 1
    b)Ballroom 2
    c)Ballroom 1+2

The intention is, wall close - buttons a&b are visible with c hidden, and wall open - a&b are hidden with c visible.
    They all have visibility groups and thresholds set.

What I can't work out is how to set/change the visibility level that these buttons(visibility groups) reference.

Thanks
  • Hi,

I would personally do this with page changes

This avoids potential mess with visibility levels causing unexpected pin code dialogs.

However here is a demo using lock out levels. :)

Visibility Groups Demo, https---community.etcconnect.com-architectural_controls-f-56-t-16992, rev 1.pcf

Regards,

Marcus

• Thanks Marcus

That helped allot. Just needed to know that the lockout group level also applies to the visibility group level.
    I just created a big old "IF" Macro and everything seems to work in the simulator.

Regards

Jurgens
Reply Children
No Data
Related