Controlling Unison With QSYS

Does anyone have and knowledge or experience with triggering Unison with QSC QSYS?

• AFAIK, it has to be via a custom lua script to send UDP from QSYS. There's nothing prebuilt.
  • Thanks Hans

Here is the response I received from the QSC Rep...Any thoughts or ideas?

Can you ask if there is any documentation on the UDP commands? QSys has no prebuilt TCP/UDP modules. They just want the destination IP address, port number, and string to send. If they have that documentation, this gets very easy.
  • There are standard commands, but they are tied to installation parameters. That is, we have a standard activate preset command, but you have to know the preset name. There are also a few other configuration parameters required to be set up at the processor.

The list of standard commands is given in our PSAP guide available here: www.etcconnect.com/.../DownloadAsset.aspx

You'll want to contact your installing technician/ETC dealership to get the information from the Paradigm side, and also to make sure the PACP is set up to receive the commands.

Thanks!
  • There is a standard UDP module within QSYS Designer that allows QSYS to send (but not receive) UDP commands to a PACP. There is a gotcha within QSYS Designer though, that requires you to type the string correctly the first time, and add an /r for a carriage return.

I've spoken with QSC's development team, and I've passed them the PSAP commands guide, and put in a request for an interface module to be written that allows for full bi-directional control. It's on their list of feature requests, so the more noise made, the better. I've offered to test it for QSC, as I have a paradigm rig, and a QSYS core in my office test rig.
  • Yes, I've used the serial port to send commands to Unison from the QSYS system. If you are doing this via UDP, QSC provides the LUA example code to get you started. Also check out the TAG forum for other examples of LUA code.
Related