Controlling Unison With QSYS

Does anyone have and knowledge or experience with triggering Unison with QSC QSYS?

Parents Reply
  • There are standard commands, but they are tied to installation parameters. That is, we have a standard activate preset command, but you have to know the preset name. There are also a few other configuration parameters required to be set up at the processor.

The list of standard commands is given in our PSAP guide available here: www.etcconnect.com/.../DownloadAsset.aspx

You'll want to contact your installing technician/ETC dealership to get the information from the Paradigm side, and also to make sure the PACP is set up to receive the commands.

Thanks!
Children
  • There is a standard UDP module within QSYS Designer that allows QSYS to send (but not receive) UDP commands to a PACP. There is a gotcha within QSYS Designer though, that requires you to type the string correctly the first time, and add an /r for a carriage return.

I've spoken with QSC's development team, and I've passed them the PSAP commands guide, and put in a request for an interface module to be written that allows for full bi-directional control. It's on their list of feature requests, so the more noise made, the better. I've offered to test it for QSC, as I have a paradigm rig, and a QSYS core in my office test rig.
Related