My Unison System sporadically turns House lights on and off

I am helping a local high school with their Unison system.   I have also worked with a local dealer.  The ssytem was installed over 3 years ago. during the last year and a half, the system has randomly turned  on and off the circuits.   The processor was sent to ETC to fix where they said it was working fine.   I re-installed  the processor and loaded the orignial program only to have the different zones  turn on and off at random.   I then disconnected one of the control panels and things seemed to stabalize.   Two Days later, it was reported to me that the house lights were turning off after between ten and fifteen minutes.   Then after another 10 inutes they turned on again.   The system uses ETC Net  to talk to the dimmers in conjunction with an Emphasis system.   The Emphasis system was turned completly off when this started happening.  Is there something in the processor that would send random signals to the house light dimmers?

Parents
  • Contact an authorized ETC dealer and arrange a factory loaner processor.  Install that and see what happens.

If you continue to get issues, it's probably the config file.  If the problems go away, then it's a CMEi processor that is going bad, despite what the factory says.

Steve B.

• well i have one circut out of 160 that will flicker randomly for no aparent reason. we dont use it now as we are looking for some phisical reason for it's cause. our system is run by two unison prosessors that split the building, the one that runs the other half of the building is at home (etc) for a check up, a completely diferent reason but i tink i will send in this one to be checked and keep the loaner that i have for a bit longer.

• Lane,  if you are only having a problem with one circuit, have you tried swapping dimmer modules?  Doesn't sound like processor problem?  Maybe it a ballast or wiring problem down the line?

Wolfey   to comment on the earlier problem.  Keep working with your dealer or the factory.  Kinda sounds like they may have a button station that's gone bad.  Or maybe it's in the config file, something got accidently recorded into a preset / look/ or button.

• Lane,  if you are only having a problem with one circuit, have you tried swapping dimmer modules?  Doesn't sound like processor problem?  Maybe it a ballast or wiring problem down the line?

Wolfey   to comment on the earlier problem.  Keep working with your dealer or the factory.  Kinda sounds like they may have a button station that's gone bad.  Or maybe it's in the config file, something got accidently recorded into a preset / look/ or button.

Children
Related