Multiple Universes on Paradigm

Hi, I am trying to record some event presents on our Paradigm system, however it only seems to be recording the 1st universe’s values. Is there a way to patch a 2nd universe into the system myself? Or is it something I would need to contact ETC support for. I am programming on an Ion XE if that helps. Thanks!

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Shawn,

I manage a small performing arts center in Florida and I have been trying to get ETC to let me take the certification course for years, so that I can manage/update/maintain our Paradigm ACP in house rather than having to call in (and pay for) an Authorized Service Provider, but I haven't had any luck. I'm wondering where ETC stands regarding Right to Repair in the US and the ability for owners of equipment to maintain that equipment - I know that the Right to Repair movement has made some pretty significant strides in the EU and it's my hope that EU regulations forcing ETC to change their policy abroad will trickle down to us here in the States.

I can appreciate requiring technicians to undergo certification before unlocking their equipment and/or making configuration software available to them, but if you're going to lock down the equipment/software like this, then I believe you have to offer owners an avenue to certification. I had to certify with Extron in order to be able to configure our control processor for that system - that was no problem. A few weeks of study and a practical exam and here I am - able to maintain our system as it grows and extremely happy with our Extron rep. I wish I could say the same for ETC.

Related