Timed Inactivity pages

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make the following work:

1. During working hours the touch screens change to the inactivity page after a few minutes

a. Inactivity page has a pin code popup that throws you to the correct page according to the pin code

i. PIN 1 -> Cleaners

ii. PIN 2-> Regular users

iii. PIN 3-> Privileged users

iv. Etc.

2. Outside working hours the touch screens should change to the Cleaners page

a. No pin is asked

b. No page change after the inactivity period, so the touch screens should stay in the Cleaners page

c. You can login to other pages with a pin i. After the inactivity period the touch screen should return to the Cleaners page

d. When the morning comes everything should return to normal (Point 1.)

Any ideas?

Parents
  • I would use a inactivity trigger in the inverse, so have a trigger on Activity it checks a variable of your choice, override/zone/preset
    So your working hours timed event sets or un sets this variable.

Then is a basic if statement that if the variable is in 1 state then show your pin code, if not go straight to the cleaners page.

• Thanks Tom,

If I understood it right:

1. Set the inactivity timeout to "Never" in CD
    2. Create an Override "Working Hours"
    3. Create a Timed Event, that sets the override for working hours
    4. Create a Macro, that checks if it is not working hours
      1. If true then Station Page Change to Cleaners
      2. If false then Station Page Change to Inactivity Page
    5. Create a Trigger with function "When Station Activity Changes..."
      1. Inactive -> execute the macro
  • Someone pointed out you don't even need an override, in your macro you can use the timed event as the condition for your if statement.
    So your working hours timed event will be for the whole time say 9am to 6pm then if this is true it will go to your activity page and if false goes to your cleaners page.

Reply Children
Related