dimmer errors

New to forum so I hope I am in correct one.

Our church has a 12 dimmer rack in the chapel. The lcd on the sensor controller has a blinking message 'dimmer error'. All light appear to be working normally ie dim and turn on with programmed buttons.

I noticed that the last dimmer doesn't have its bottom signal led on. This may have always been the case - don't know. I replaced the dimmer with a spare and it also comes up with the light out. The message "dimmer error" appeared after rebooting system. After watching for a short while, the "system OK' message would flicker on and then go back to "dimmer error"

I removed dimmers and blew out the signal contacts but no help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jim

• Is it an AF(advance features) rack? Maybe there were some loads recorded that the rack is no longer seeing and that's causing the error. I believe if you hit enter it gives you more details on the error.

For the signal led that's out, are you sure that you're sending that address a value from the console? They only light up if they see a DMX level above 0% Do you have anything plugged into that dimmer?

Hope this helps

Eric

• jim

Dimmer errors can mean a few different things.  If you hit enter it will bring up a circuit # and then you can hit enter again and there will be a more detailed error.   After checking this hit exit and pick another #   I often check 1, 12, 24  this is checking a load on each phase.  This more detailed error may give us more info.

Often after a dimming error showinng up on the screen it is necessary to get your processor in for service.  The first thing to do is contact etc at 800-688-4116 and ask for tech support.  We will do testing with you over the phone.  After doing the testing and document it in the computer, we will point you to a local dealer to process the repair.  http://www.etcconnect.com/contact.local.aspx?type=20108&state=true this will help you find a local dealer in your area to get a rma# for the repair.

As for the last channel not on it may not be porgrammed into unison and if this is the case it will not come on.  Most likely nothing to be concerned about.

thanks. 

Related