dimmer errors

New to forum so I hope I am in correct one.

Our church has a 12 dimmer rack in the chapel. The lcd on the sensor controller has a blinking message 'dimmer error'. All light appear to be working normally ie dim and turn on with programmed buttons.

I noticed that the last dimmer doesn't have its bottom signal led on. This may have always been the case - don't know. I replaced the dimmer with a spare and it also comes up with the light out. The message "dimmer error" appeared after rebooting system. After watching for a short while, the "system OK' message would flicker on and then go back to "dimmer error"

I removed dimmers and blew out the signal contacts but no help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jim

Parents
  • Is it an AF(advance features) rack? Maybe there were some loads recorded that the rack is no longer seeing and that's causing the error. I believe if you hit enter it gives you more details on the error.

For the signal led that's out, are you sure that you're sending that address a value from the console? They only light up if they see a DMX level above 0% Do you have anything plugged into that dimmer?

Hope this helps

Eric

• Is it an AF(advance features) rack? Maybe there were some loads recorded that the rack is no longer seeing and that's causing the error. I believe if you hit enter it gives you more details on the error.

For the signal led that's out, are you sure that you're sending that address a value from the console? They only light up if they see a DMX level above 0% Do you have anything plugged into that dimmer?

Hope this helps

Eric

Children
Related