New lights are not recognised by coloursource 20

Hello, today we recieved 2 par led lights and 2 moving head led lights from China to add on our church.

But unlucky the lights have nog been recognised by our coloursource 290 console.

On the lights is no type or brand, so we don't know  how to identilfy the lights.

Is here anybody who can give us some advise how to make these lights working?

Thanks

Parents
  • By identifying you mean figuring out the dmx parameters. Or RDM isn’t finding them?  The best thing to do is look in the manual if there is one. Followed by saving your show and starting a new blank one. Dummy patch dimmers 1 to like 40 and slowly go through raising each fader one by one and wrote down what it does. Sadly channel one may not be the intensity channel. And sometimes another channel may cause the entire fixture to have no output. Example if dmx 0 is the iris fully closed then it has to be above 0 while intensity is also above zero. Also post a photo of the lights please.  For the pars we have generic profiles for various standard led pars under folder generic that will likely work for the knock off pars. Hope this helps. 

• Hi Chris, I don't understand everything you tell me to do.

Last night, I tried several line of the generic list, but nothing works.

You told me to save my show, I did, but when I will open a new show, all my patched light are still there, so how can I dummy patch all the 20 dimmers?

There must be a place where I can find the software for my SHEHDS lights?

• There are a lot of moving Chinese lights like the one in your picture. You could try patching one as a Stagg Headbanger and see if it behaves as you expect. It might not behave exactly right but it might get you started

Reply Children
Related