Dimming moving heads in sub master

Example: I have a moving fixture on channel 8, I bring up the intensity, and position to a mic on stage right, (no color/white) Then  Store into Submaster 1.

Using the same fixture, position on back wall of stage right, Add gobo #3, Color scroll. store into submaster #2.

Using the same fixture, position on back wall of stage left, Add gobo #6, Color scroll. store into submaster #3.

All faders down to 0

Now when I pull up sub #1 (spot on mic), it runs through the gobos, positions and colors previously programmed into subs 2&3 !!

As I pull down fader #1 slowly to 0, (to fade spot ) it reverses the previously programmed effects from subs 2&3 !!

How do I keep the spot only fading, without picking up the other submaster programs. This is also a problem when I want to bring op the positions on the back wall. Position 2 & 3 fight with each other. until the highest takes precedence.

What I would like is to have the intensities only in separate subs. Where i select a position with another sub, and when im ready to fade on, only that effect will appear.

• You have competing subs. the intensity is decided using HTP rules, the rest (like position, gobo, color) is solved using LTP.

I'm not sure there is a solution for the workflow you're trying.

if you only want intensity to fade you could record only the intensity into the sub. but you want to fixture to take the position. so you should change the sub behaviour to Intensity-Master.

what do you want to happen if sub 1 is up and you move sub 2 from 0 towards 100? the light needs to move to the new spot, right? it can either do that slowly or in a snap. that's the difference between a regular sub and an intensity master sub. but either way, that's no elegant.

i don't think you're encountering a console problem but rather a workflow that might have worked better in your head than in read life?

sorry if i misunderstood what you're trying to achieve.

• Change your button mode to Move / GO from the default "Flash"

Now your Sub bump buttons will act to pre-set the non-intensity parameters, and the fader handles will only control the intensity.  The bump buttons will be blue to remind you this is the mode they're in.

You can also press sub #3 (for example) while sub #1 is active, in which case you will have Sub #1's intensity but #3's position/color/gobo/etc.

The default timing of hitting that button to move the light is in Setup> Settings> Times

Each sub can have its own timing as well. That is edited via Playback Toy

(ColorSource calls Submasters "Playbacks")

Related