Audio Input port colorsource av40

The Audio Input port on the Colorsource AV40 is rated at -10 DbV 316 MV RMS and 29k ohms.. Is it OK to plug in an aux cord from the headphone port on a TASCAM cd player rated at 20mW and 32 ohms? By my conversions, the resulting input would be -2 DbV, which is 8 DbV above recommended..  Worried about damaging the Colorsource.. TY, Rob

Parents
  • The input is designed for use with "Line Level" outputs.
    The majority of audio devices have a line level output as well as a headphone socket, though you may need a dual-RCA to TRS minijack cable.

The console has some protection against misplugging, however headphone ports tend to be quite 'loud' so you'll likely need to reduce the headphone volume significantly to avoid clipping.

If that's not possible, then you could use a suitable DI box.

• Thank you Richard.. Your RCA comment got me looking at the RCA outputs on the back of the Tascam and their ratings match the Colorsource's exactly at -10 dBV!  Will try to go that route. 

I worry about using a line level input from our soundboard that is rated at +19.5 dBV with the Colorsource that has a max peak input dBV of -10.  Would make patching much easier, if I could.

Thank you very much for your response!

• Thank you Richard.. Your RCA comment got me looking at the RCA outputs on the back of the Tascam and their ratings match the Colorsource's exactly at -10 dBV!  Will try to go that route. 

I worry about using a line level input from our soundboard that is rated at +19.5 dBV with the Colorsource that has a max peak input dBV of -10.  Would make patching much easier, if I could.

Thank you very much for your response!

Children
Related