capture to Color Source 20 av

Hi!
I have a dilemma. I am trying to control fixtures in Capture. I can't get it to work.
So I have ColourSource software (20av) so I can use sACN. (I could not find the network on CS20). The network are the same in both CS20av and Capture but it doesn't show up under Universes in external universe. There it just says (auto) or (no). What have I done wrong or have I missed something?
It is my very first time that I am connecting a visualisation program to a lighting console. Please help!
Parents
  • The defaults from new install of both should work together on the same PC.

In case some of the defaults have been lost:

In ColorSource AV offline editor:

Open Setup (cog) > Network tab:

• Network Output Protocol: Streaming ACN
    • Network Universes: 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, 4:4, 5:5
    • IP Address 127.0.0.1
    • IP Subnet 255.0.0.0

Make sure something is patched and turned on so you have something to see in Capture.

In Capture 2023:

Tools > Options menu, Connectivity tab, scroll down to sACN section:

• IP Address: Automatic
    • Enable universe discovery: Yes
    • First universe: 1
    • Last universe: 16 [default], or at least the highest universe patched in ColorSource AV offline

In Project > Universes tab:

• External Universe: "(auto)" [default].
      This should quickly switch to "(sACN Universe 1 thru 5)" once it detects an sACN source, such as the offline editor.
    • Blind Levels: "Automatic" [default], or "Only".
      Capture calls sACN visualisation output "Blind levels"

It should end up looking similar to this:

• Hi! Thank you for your answer! I can get it to work on a pc or from pc to mac. But not if I have both programs on a mac. So I think the problem lies with combination colorsource and mac. Have you any idea if that works? 

• Thanks for clarifying that you're running on macOS.
    You're correct, at the moment the macOS offline editor doesn't output to Capture.

This is known issue CSCON-48676 - Mac Offline Editor does not support connections to a local visualization software.

I've added a note to this that you've encountered the limitation.

Reply Children
No Data
Related