Litegear Litemat Help

Trying to connect our Litegear Litemat 4 S2 to our new ColorSource 40 but not seeing that fixture in the list. I've been trying to use the generic options but it warms the fixture up in (the dimming works) but I need it to be daylight, not tungsten. Any thoughts?

Parents
  • I've not been able to find any control information about this fixture directly, however it appears from the datasheet that it might be the "Spectrum" or "Spectrum OS2" that we do already have in the console fixture library (depending on what firmware it's running)

Spectrum is a single mode with 5 DMX slots (Intensity, Color Temp, Saturation, Hue, Tint)

Spectrum OS2 has a multitude of different modes.

Or possibly one of the the LiteDimmer ones - if you plug it into an external LiteDimmer unit for DMX control.

Litegear really don't publish much information at all.

• I've not been able to find any control information about this fixture directly, however it appears from the datasheet that it might be the "Spectrum" or "Spectrum OS2" that we do already have in the console fixture library (depending on what firmware it's running)

Spectrum is a single mode with 5 DMX slots (Intensity, Color Temp, Saturation, Hue, Tint)

Spectrum OS2 has a multitude of different modes.

Or possibly one of the the LiteDimmer ones - if you plug it into an external LiteDimmer unit for DMX control.

Litegear really don't publish much information at all.

Children
  • Looked into this a bit more, and it seems the DMX control depends entirely on which LiteDimmer you're using with your LiteMat.

So check which dimmer you've got and patch that.

I think, anyway!

• Thanks so much! Next time I'm in the studio I'll have a look and see if the Spectrum option will work as well

• I was able to install the updated fixture database and have started to use the Spectrum OS2 for my settings. In the meantime, I was using acdc LED fusion 12 1700 / 6000K which worked as well. The trouble now is that a few of the fixtures are only illuminating half at a time. Any thoughts on that?

As a work around I was able to create double fixture profiles and assign each one a separate DMX address. This works but the board is giving me an error message. Thoughts?

• Its the LiteGear E-control 4x4 v3 but I haven't been able to find it in the Console...

• The E-Control 4x4-v3.1 appears to be a generic 4-circuit LED 'dimmer pack'.
    You can use it with four single-color LED tapes (or panels), two bi-color or one four-color.

This means the personality depends on what's connected to its "LED OUTPUT" terminals, and the order in which they're connected.

From the limited information there, I would guess it's an 8-bit mode of one of the following:

• Generic: LED - RGBW
    • Generic: LED - RGBA
    • Generic: LED - WwCw, times two (if all four outputs are connected)

To figure out which Generic LED personality to use, I'd recommend patching it as four normal Dimmers then bring up those faders one at a time.

If they're in the order Red, Green, Blue, White then it's LED-RGBW, etc.

- It might help to think of this as a classic 4-cell cyc batten.
    You could gel it R,G,B,A, or Warm, Cool, Warm, Cool, etc

The acdc LED: Fusion 12 2700K/5600K is a WarmWhite, CoolWhite, so most likely you need Generic: LED - WwCw times however many panel sections you have - probably some panels are actually made up of two independent halves.

Related