Cobalt Nomad Puck as Backup--capacity

Hi folks,

I'm looking ahead at console upgrades and backup possibilities. Slight stumbling block as I don't know yet what capacity our redesigned house hang will require. 

I could use some clarification on the following, from the Nomad Puck description:

Eos family compatibility:

When you use ETCnomad Puck as a primary or backup, the system output is determined by the device with the lowest output configuration. When it's connected as a client, ETCnomad Puck's output capacity of is ignored.

Cobalt family compatibility:

When you use ETCnomad Puck as a primary or backup, the system output is determined by the device with the highest output configuration. Only the number of outputs purchased will be backed up in case of a failover. When it's connected as a client, ETCnomad Puck's output capacity is ignored.

So if you're running a Puck as a Client, you can go ahead and program higher than its purchased capacity, but to actually run drive DMX solo, you're limited to what you've bought? (Why the low/high difference btwn Eos & Cobalt here? Just curious.)

And does this mean the Puck 2048 cannot be expanded past that?

Is anybody currently using a Puck as backup, and in what configuration, and how do you like it?

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related