Cobalt and Kabuki

Hi all.

We recently bought a Gerriets Kabuki G2 30-3 system and from a day to another someone decide that is a job for the light operator to release some things on stage during the play. I saw that we've got this template and said that it isn't a problem to do that. But, like almost of the times, I spoke to soon. After we mount and plug in everything I went to the console, Congo Jr. Cobalt v7.1...., and try to fire the Kabuki Channel 1 and on the Gerriets consol the channel 2 was fired. I try to fire another one but nothing happens. Only Gerriets channel 2 is fired.

The Gerriets console Is DMX 1 and I'm using universe 2 on Congo. I try to change the DMX and even the universe on Congo but when I manage  to fire something is always channel 2 of the Gerriets console.

Can someone guess what is the problem????

Regards

Pedro Alves

Parents
  • From the manual (printed 2008)

"The control unit is only a single channel DMX interface. Multiple circuits can not be fired independently via multiple DMX channels. The individual channel must be selected (turned on) to fire via DMX."

• Hi jolsson

Thanks for the link. I have it on paper but nobody knows where is it now so this will be a good thing to save.

I've already got to use the Kabuki with Cobalt but I think the problem that I have until now is from the Kabuki and not the Cobalt software.

Has I told before we've got a Gerriets Kabuki G2 30-3 system and on Congo Jr (Cobalt v7.2 beta) we have the template for this system. I manage to select each channel of Kabuki but not fire them. After some days of brain storm I use the template for the Kabuki G2 30-6 and it wokrs fine. I can select the Kabuki channel I want to use and fire whenever I want. So I think the problem is from the Kabuki system, maybe it came with only 3 channel but the software/hardware inside is the same for 3 or 6 channel.

The bad think is that for the G2 30-3 we only need 4 DMX channel and for the G2 30-6 we use 7 DMX channel and 3 of them we never use.

Again many thanks for your link

Best regards

Pedro Alves

• Hi jolsson

Thanks for the link. I have it on paper but nobody knows where is it now so this will be a good thing to save.

I've already got to use the Kabuki with Cobalt but I think the problem that I have until now is from the Kabuki and not the Cobalt software.

Has I told before we've got a Gerriets Kabuki G2 30-3 system and on Congo Jr (Cobalt v7.2 beta) we have the template for this system. I manage to select each channel of Kabuki but not fire them. After some days of brain storm I use the template for the Kabuki G2 30-6 and it wokrs fine. I can select the Kabuki channel I want to use and fire whenever I want. So I think the problem is from the Kabuki system, maybe it came with only 3 channel but the software/hardware inside is the same for 3 or 6 channel.

The bad think is that for the G2 30-3 we only need 4 DMX channel and for the G2 30-6 we use 7 DMX channel and 3 of them we never use.

Again many thanks for your link

Best regards

Pedro Alves

Children
No Data
Related