Moving Light Intensity not Consistent

Hi All,

So I've been doing some programming on my Congo Kid (running Cobalt) and have noticed an interesting artifact with the intensity of some of my movers.  For instance, I'll select 8 of my Studio Beams patched into the console and when I roll the wheel up with the intensity starting at zero, they rise at different rates.  All start at zero, but if I roll the wheel a bit one might be at 30, another at 35, another at 33, etc.  Any ideas on what's causing this?

Thanks!

-Jeff

Parents
  • I've only had this happen due to my own user error, after rolling out fixtures that had previously been at different levels without de-selecting them first. I'll be interested to see what's up here.
  • Thanks for the reply Anne. I think you're on to something though. After playing around a little trying to inflict the symptom I've noticed that this only happens when I already have some devices selected then select some more. I completely understand the reasoning as to why the intensities would scale differently if the channels selected first were at non-zero values, but this happens when they're already zero'd out before selecting more channels. Thanks again!

-Jeff
  • Just spitballing here, but I've always assumed that's intentional behavior.

Maintaining the selected lights' proportionality after reaching 0 seems like more of a feature than a bug: if you add to a channel or group selection it implies you're still working with that batch, conceptually. Forgot to include some channels, for instance. De-selection triggering the reset means you have conscious control over when/if that occurs, not "oh I accidentally rolled them too far, now I've lost 'em."
  • Just spitballing here, but I've always assumed that's intentional behavior.

Maintaining the selected lights' proportionality after reaching 0 seems like more of a feature than a bug: if you add to a channel or group selection it implies you're still working with that batch, conceptually. Forgot to include some channels, for instance. De-selection triggering the reset means you have conscious control over when/if that occurs, not "oh I accidentally rolled them too far, now I've lost 'em."
Children
Related