Moving Light Intensity not Consistent

Hi All,

So I've been doing some programming on my Congo Kid (running Cobalt) and have noticed an interesting artifact with the intensity of some of my movers.  For instance, I'll select 8 of my Studio Beams patched into the console and when I roll the wheel up with the intensity starting at zero, they rise at different rates.  All start at zero, but if I roll the wheel a bit one might be at 30, another at 35, another at 33, etc.  Any ideas on what's causing this?

Thanks!

-Jeff

Parents
  • I've only had this happen due to my own user error, after rolling out fixtures that had previously been at different levels without de-selecting them first. I'll be interested to see what's up here.
  • Indeed, this is the "underflow/overflow" feature.

If you select a set of lights at different levels, roll them out and roll them back, they keep their relative levels.
    The same occurs if you roll them all to Full then back down.
    The [+%] and [- %] buttons do the same.

Among other things, this is so you can quickly knock them out to check something then bring them back to the original levels, as well as "all down by 7% points" etc.

You can think of this as pushing the ones that got there first "past" Zero or Full.

The console 'remembers' the relative level until the channel is deselected or you use any absolute level command.
    - 0 [@Level] etc.

Try it out!

• Indeed, this is the "underflow/overflow" feature.

If you select a set of lights at different levels, roll them out and roll them back, they keep their relative levels.
    The same occurs if you roll them all to Full then back down.
    The [+%] and [- %] buttons do the same.

Among other things, this is so you can quickly knock them out to check something then bring them back to the original levels, as well as "all down by 7% points" etc.

You can think of this as pushing the ones that got there first "past" Zero or Full.

The console 'remembers' the relative level until the channel is deselected or you use any absolute level command.
    - 0 [@Level] etc.

Try it out!

Children
Related