Tap tempo on chase, does not work in Congo (with Cobalt software)

Hi

Having a problem with tapping the rate of a chase with the tap-function. 

I have recorded a chase to a master, and to try to tap the tempo of it I press and hold the tap button and then tap the encoder button for the fader that contains the chase. But nothing happens. I have also tried the other button (the flash button) but nothing there either. 

Also, there is a little led on the tap button that I guess should be lit when pressed (to confirm that it´s activated) but nothing happens there either. 

I am running a Congo Sr with Cobalt software. 

Can someone help me with this? Is there a configuration to be made in a setup-menu or something? A bug in the cobalt software. Or am I missed simply confused?

Thanks!

Peter

Parents
  • What sort of chase? is it via an Effect, or an 'old style'  sequence chase, that steps through a series of presets?

The Tap button only works on Sequence chases when you have attached it to that specific section of the desk. it's not a very commonly used section, and that button doesn't connect to a chase otherwise.

If you've used an Effect playback, then select the effect and the tap tempo is done on the button below the tempo. You can also set the tempo number/speed and pressing that tempo button to set it.

There's some great effect tutorials here: Cobalt Effects on Youtube

• What sort of chase? is it via an Effect, or an 'old style'  sequence chase, that steps through a series of presets?

The Tap button only works on Sequence chases when you have attached it to that specific section of the desk. it's not a very commonly used section, and that button doesn't connect to a chase otherwise.

If you've used an Effect playback, then select the effect and the tap tempo is done on the button below the tempo. You can also set the tempo number/speed and pressing that tempo button to set it.

There's some great effect tutorials here: Cobalt Effects on Youtube

Children
Related