OSC in 7.3 vs 7.2

Hello!

I have been working with TouchOSC and Cobalt 7.2. For 7.3 I moved to Lemur for the better programming part in that software.

When I started to program my masters in Lemur I used the code in 7.3's Help. it say /cobalt/playback/[number of playback] under Masters.

But that code don't do what I wanted (I know it's different code added to that string but I didn't want to use that part) it's the old code that have to be used if you want to use a fader in a OSC program. that string is /masters/fader/[Number of master] that string also gives feedback to the OSC program.

So what's the difference? I guess the  /cobalt/playback/[number of playback] is a software playback, and the  /masters/fader/[Number of master] is a physical master on the console.  When I used the 7.3 code and loaded a attribute to that master it didn't work to control it. but the 7.2 code takes control of the attribute.

I don't think the new is wrong, but that it's good if the info about the code is clear what it does. 7.3 Help say Masters but maybe it should say playbacks?

Parents
  • Hi,

The main reason for the new set of commands is to standardize OSC across our products while adding new functionality. Eos, Cobalt and ColorSource now uses a similar structure and command set.

The old fader command will fake a console fader value directly while the new one set the level of the master playback directly. The intention was not that they should behave differently but I can see that if you are using faders in special modes, like parameter control, they will be different. This is something that we might look into for a future version.
  • Hi,

The main reason for the new set of commands is to standardize OSC across our products while adding new functionality. Eos, Cobalt and ColorSource now uses a similar structure and command set.

The old fader command will fake a console fader value directly while the new one set the level of the master playback directly. The intention was not that they should behave differently but I can see that if you are using faders in special modes, like parameter control, they will be different. This is something that we might look into for a future version.
Children
Related