Intensity control in device template

So I have these Chauvet Intimidator LED Wash 150 units... Running Cobalt on Nomad for this show. 

The included template doesn't function completely accurately, so I've been fussing with it to figure out what's going on, and the first problem is the address assigned to dimmer doesn't actually function, and there's a second dimmer address. So I switched the intensity to that one and I can make everything function.

That said, the dimmer address doesn't work properly because it's set up like this:

0-4 Off

5- On full

6-127 Dim from full to 1%

128-254 Strobe

255 On full

So the big problem is this was designed by a crazy person, but what I'd like to do is figure out how to map the Congo intensity channel to just 5-127 values on that channel - I don't care about strobing, I just need to be able to fade it out without having to fuss with every fade... it's an RGBW color mixing LED unit so I can fade the RGBW full to zero if needed, but it'd be much easier if I could get the intensity to map properly.

Help? 

Parents Reply
  • So I solved my problem: I set both 'intensity' channels to other beam categories and then just put the RGBW channels on 'fade with intensity' settings so the colors create an artificial intensity value. Doesn't fade quite as smoothly as the shutter but it's pretty close and still gives me intensity control without having it start to strobe when I fade in and out. There might be a better way to map the half-channel that is the actual dimmer, but for this show at least I have a solution.
Children
No Data
Related