Intensity control in device template

So I have these Chauvet Intimidator LED Wash 150 units... Running Cobalt on Nomad for this show. 

The included template doesn't function completely accurately, so I've been fussing with it to figure out what's going on, and the first problem is the address assigned to dimmer doesn't actually function, and there's a second dimmer address. So I switched the intensity to that one and I can make everything function.

That said, the dimmer address doesn't work properly because it's set up like this:

0-4 Off

5- On full

6-127 Dim from full to 1%

128-254 Strobe

255 On full

So the big problem is this was designed by a crazy person, but what I'd like to do is figure out how to map the Congo intensity channel to just 5-127 values on that channel - I don't care about strobing, I just need to be able to fade it out without having to fuss with every fade... it's an RGBW color mixing LED unit so I can fade the RGBW full to zero if needed, but it'd be much easier if I could get the intensity to map properly.

Help? 

Parents
  • I've seen combined Intensity and Strobe before, but that is a whole new level of crazy!
    At present the best solution is to use FWI as you've found.

The library template matches the fixture manual Ric linked to, so it would appear that the manual is bogus.
    Chauvet say they've discontinued it so I guess the manual is going to stay wrong.

Could you send us a photo of the fixture's nameplate (so we can be certain which one it is), a copy of your working template, and any other notes you have on what it really does?
    Best email address is Cobalt (at) etcconnect (dot) com as usual.
  • I've seen combined Intensity and Strobe before, but that is a whole new level of crazy!
    At present the best solution is to use FWI as you've found.

The library template matches the fixture manual Ric linked to, so it would appear that the manual is bogus.
    Chauvet say they've discontinued it so I guess the manual is going to stay wrong.

Could you send us a photo of the fixture's nameplate (so we can be certain which one it is), a copy of your working template, and any other notes you have on what it really does?
    Best email address is Cobalt (at) etcconnect (dot) com as usual.
Children
No Data
Related