Focus Pallette Query

Wonder if anyone can help?

Iv recently done a show where we had two Mac 250 washes in the grid, I wanted them to to stay in fixed position for the whole of the performance to create a wash on stage. I lit the show in capture and I created a focus palette as I thought when I programmed the light it maybe in a different position when I got to the venue.

When I got to the venue, I made the 250 washes go to the focus palette I created, I had to edit it slightly so re recored the pallet which I thought would be okay? but I had to go through every cue after that and press or click the re recorded pallet focus pallet id changed to make the 250 wash go to the position I wanted it too?.

Am I doing doing something silly? or is anyone else having this issue? 

Cheers 

Patch 

Parents Reply
  • Presets 16.0 thru 146.0 have been updated to contain absolute data. You wanted to update the Palette instead.
    - This is most easily seen by using the Track List: [Track], Select Channels, [Focus] top toggle visibility of Focus parameters.

It looks like you updated the Preset instead of updating the Palette.

Quick summary of the relevant update commands:

[Update]
    Update the Preset to reference different palettes, or to absolute data.
    - This is the one you used by mistake.

# [Record] & [F/C/B/All]
    Update or re-record the specified palette. Does not update the Preset.

{Update Palette} (Softkey under Device)
    Update the original Palette(s).
    The dialog lists all the palettes that will be updated.
    - This is the one you meant to use.

For updating focus palettes, I would suggest using {Focus Mode}, also under "Device". See the Help for more details.

Children
  • I did update the focus palette before the show started with the new position for Mac 250s, however this didn't update for every cue, hense why for the rest of the show I had to update the fixtures manually?

if that makes sense?

Patch
  • The Presets 16.0 thru 146.0 contain absolute data, thus they do not use the palette at all.
  • So what can I do in the future so I don't have to keep updating every cue?
  • Be sure that the lights are in a pallet!

If you select your Macs, press Focus pallet 1 and they move there and then you move Pan/Tilt it looses the pallet info. so if they moved, re press Focus 1 to bring them back to that position OR update Focus 1 so that they get a new pallet information. or record it as a new pallet.

if you want to know that they are in a pallet you can see that on many places: Designers Summary (Good to see all pallets used for selected lights), direct on the channel in Live if they are expanded, in the Device control dock or in the display over the wheels.

What you are looking for is names and numbers of the pallets. if pan and tilt say 34 and 89 it's no pallet in use. if they say 56 and [text] only tilt have the pallet info and not the pan. if [Pallet text] and [Pallet text] shows the lights is in a pallet.

Focus 1 can of curse be what ever pallet. Just a example with Focus 1.

In track you can also see if you programmed it wrong and there also change to a recorded pallet.

Hope you understood my mess...

• A Palette reference looks like this in the Device Controls Dock:

Later on, update the Palette, for example:

1. Select Channels
    2. Adjust Pan/Tilt
    3. {Update Palette}
    4. [Modify] to confirm

The dialog looks like this:

Be sure to select all the important channels, or you won't update anything.
    You'll get a message "No Palettes to update" if you haven't selected channels that were in palettes.

If you adjust Pan/Tilt and then hit [Update], that will remove the palette reference and makes the values absolute instead.

Absolute values are shown as numbers, so they are easy to spot.

Related