Pixels, MS and Dynamics

8.1.1 offline

So, I have 10x Pixel RGBW patched as ch.1-10. I have them out on a Magic sheet and have set colors to go with int. and color.

Then I have a effect master with Dynamic Rainbow on.

I can see in output list that the DMX on the RGB channels change,but I can't get the color on the pixels to change on the MS. Only manually with the normal color control.

Johannes

• This is intentional, it's because Dynamics vary around a central 'base' value.

As they're easier to adjust if you know what the central value is, it was decided (a very long time ago) that it's better to display the 'base' for all LTP parameters in both Live and blind attribute views, rather than the continually changing 'output' values.

- Eg You usually want to know that the fixtures are pointed "Downstage centre" and doing an effect around that, so you can 'nudge' them left or right a bit.

Thus anywhere the LTP values are displayed, you'll see the 'base' used for the dynamics.

• OK.

I'm not sure I want to know that. I want to know what my light is doing right now and what color it's in. I can get the tombstone in Live and Blind give me pallets and not outputs, but that a symbol that is supposed to follow the fixtures color don't follow it feels wrong. it's not always I see fully what happens on a stage. But if I can see in my MS that the sidelights are changing colors as the effect goes on it's a help. Or if a fixture is behind a set, offstage or behind a closed curtain I want to see if the color change is running or not. and on a MS I can't see that if I have a pixel on. Only on the tombstones.

• I get it in the position part. but this is colors...

Related