I had a weird experience the other day.
I started to program some effects when I found that the effects parameters were not showing up on the encoders correctly.
After investigating, I found that the Parameter Definitions list had become corrupted. There were multiple instances of number 0, 1, 2,... O on the list was showing 1 line for intensity and another line for one of the effects parameters. The same with two lines of 1 in the list showed Pan and Ch. Source.
The effects parameters existed further in the list in their customary places, too.
The problem seemed to occur in a specific show file. And, I was able to recover from a flash drive a version before the list became corrupted. I had by that time saved more than 9 times, so the back-ups on the hard drive were also corrupted.
It seems like it was some sort of anomaly. From the time stamp on the files, it occured around the time that I shutdown a back-up Cobalt Nomad PC. This is not something that I have experienced before. It seems like some sort of weird "barf" of code.
I have tried to attach the show file from the experience but I keep getting an error on the upload. I will email the file to cobalt(at)...
Bump for Anne!
So, the info I gave on Facebook was ALL wrong.
I finally found the relevant post.
This corrupted parameter list problem has popped up for me again today -- not since last April (2019, before The Covid Times.)It corrected itself upon reboot this morning, which isn't reassuring, but I am having another pretty odd problem and I'm going to send files to Cobalt@ to see if they can suss that out. Maybe if there's some kind of artifact in the file it will be repeatable this time.