Parameter Definitions list corrupted

I had a weird experience the other day.

I started to program some effects when I found that the effects parameters were not showing up on the encoders correctly.

After investigating, I found that the Parameter Definitions list had become corrupted.  There were multiple instances of number 0, 1, 2,...  O on the list was showing 1 line for intensity and another line for one of the effects parameters.  The same with two lines of 1 in the list showed Pan and Ch. Source.

The effects parameters existed further in the list in their customary places, too.

The problem seemed to occur in a specific show file.  And, I was able to recover from a flash drive a version before the list became corrupted.  I had by that time saved more than 9 times, so the back-ups on the hard drive were also corrupted.

It seems like it was some sort of anomaly.  From the time stamp on the files, it occured around the time that I shutdown a back-up Cobalt Nomad PC.  This is not something that I have experienced before.  It seems like some sort of weird "barf" of code.

I have tried to attach the show file from the experience but I keep getting an error on the upload.  I will email the file to cobalt(at)...

Take care,

John

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi John, 

I have received the show file and have looked at it. As you say, this is a very weird situation that I have never seen where a few parameters in the beginning of the list have duplicates from the effect playbacks. I wonder if there was some kind of interference when the backup went offline but cannot really see how this could happen. I'll investigate.

Once again, sorry for the trouble.

Anders

Related