I encountered serious problems yesterday with my lighting show.I usually work from my Mac on cobalt (gadget and cobalt 8.1.1)
Yesterday the theater where I worked had a kid congo with cobalt V8, so I decide to work with this Congo , but I met big problem (I was not the real problem in fact).
The first one is not very serious, but rather unpleasant, the memories did not follow in the CSF file. The rest is imported, but my preset window is empty. I need to make an export ascii of my computer to import memories. Between V8 and V8 .1.1 ! these two versions are very close...
The big problem comes from magic sheets. The day before my show, I made magic sheets. Not extremely intuitive to do, but this is not the subject.
When I load my file on the congo, I have a serious problem because some channels do not respond anymore.
For example, channel 1 does not work. If I patch the 1 in 1, in live window I put the 1 at Full, but in the output editor it is not at 255, it still off. But if I select the output 1 and I put it to 255, the projector on.
I did a test (file attached with dropbox link) I unpatch all channels. I made patch 1:1 from 1 to 200 and in the live windows I put 1 to 200 at Full. I have only 28 channels at 255 !!! the rest is off (pictures link)
I'm sure the problem comes from the magic sheets because my file from the day before is without worries.
I try to deleted the magic sheets, but the problem still here, so my file is "contaminated".
Moreover, if I import from my contaminated file the dimmer patch (only) it does not work again.
finally we lost 1 hour on the programming set and focus light on the show yesterday to find and fix the problem. It was tense. I hope you can help me solve my problem because use of magic sheet would be really nice.
you've got the dropbox link with my project CSF and 2 pictures
thank you so much
I am sorry to hear about your problems. I have looked at your show file. The problem is not related to the Magic Sheets but to the output scaling configuration. If you look in the Output List, the
I see this often when I import a patch from Lightwright.
I export the patch information (just conventional fixtures) from Lightwright using the Export USITT ASCII softpatch option.
I import that patch…
I am sorry to hear about your problems. I have looked at your show file. The problem is not related to the Magic Sheets but to the output scaling configuration. If you look in the Output List, the Proportion column is set to 0% for many channels. The easiest way to fix this is to select the whole column with the COLUMN button and press 100 MODIFY. It isn't clear how the values got set to 0%. Maybe it is related to moving the show file between software versions.
I import that patch into Cobalt. It will set the proportion for all unpatched outputs to 0.
Typically, I then open the output list and select column 100 modify. It is a drag when I forget to do it, because I will add something to the patch and it won't work. It will come up in the Output screen, but when patched it won't work. Then I know that I forgot to do reset the proportion.
thanks for this information. You’re right, on my last show before that, I imported patch of Congo of the theatre ! So the problem came by that !!!!
big thank for this answer.
Can you send a copy of a Lightwright export which does this, as that sounds like something we should change!
I’m sorry, I don’t know what is Lightwright
Here is one.
The nature of the export sets the proportion to full for the patched outputs. Everything else seems to get proportioned to 0.
I thought that it was a safety against unwanted outputs coming up live.
it's was the first time for me but I see that you has got this problem many time !
thanks for your return help and support !