Bug with the Gel picker on Cobalt 8.2.2.50 ?

Hello, I noticed that the gelatin color chart did not work with the Lustr3 X8 Profiles and Junior colorsource on cobalt version 8.2.2.50. The profiles remain white. I tried with the cobalt version 7.3.1 and I have no problem. Is this a software bug on version 8.2.2.50?. Have you encountered this problem. Kind regards.

Parents
  • Hi ,

I've just tested this with the fixture and the 8.2.2.50 software and found no issues.

Which mode are you operating the fixture in?

• If you are using Expanded Mode, you will need to set the "Color XFade" parameter to Full (it homes to 0 in the default template but you can edit this) to have the fixture listen to the color controls.
    • If you are in Studio Mode or 1Ch mode, the fixture only operates in whites and does not listen to color controls.
  • Hello Starksk,

Thank you for your reply

I tried all the modes on both profiles (Colorspot junior and Lustr 3 X8.) I confirm that the colors do not work with the Picker gel on my CongoKid in version 8.2.2.50. My profiles lights up in white whatever color is requested. I can only use the colour picker which is not practical for a careful gel choice. I have no problems with version 7.3 of Congo.

I tried your solution with the Xcolorfade but it does not solve the problem on version 8.

I also tried with a par led Chauvet Pro Colorado 2 Quad zoom tour in Tour mode. I have exactly the same problem. The color picker works but the gel picker does not work!. I can't find a solution?

• Hello Starksk,

Thank you for your reply

I tried all the modes on both profiles (Colorspot junior and Lustr 3 X8.) I confirm that the colors do not work with the Picker gel on my CongoKid in version 8.2.2.50. My profiles lights up in white whatever color is requested. I can only use the colour picker which is not practical for a careful gel choice. I have no problems with version 7.3 of Congo.

I tried your solution with the Xcolorfade but it does not solve the problem on version 8.

I also tried with a par led Chauvet Pro Colorado 2 Quad zoom tour in Tour mode. I have exactly the same problem. The color picker works but the gel picker does not work!. I can't find a solution?

Children
  • Can you confirm which gel picker you are using when you see this behaviour?

I am seeing some weirdness in the gel picker tab (from going to Browser>Devices>Gel Picker...) but not from the gel library  in the color picker tab

For example, this works:

But this one has some quirks depending on the gel I pick:

If you are using the Gel Picker in the second image, please share which gel manufacturer you are trying to use.

• Hello, I think I found the problem. To choose a gel, I use the Devices control, gelatines, I write the gelatin number and I choose the manufacturer. The deoupe lights up in white which does not correspond to the requested color. I try to use the gel picker, and it doesn't work. But if I use the color picker, jobtiens the desired colors. Then I come back to the gel picker and it works
  • Hello,

I think, I found the problem.

To choose a gel, I use the Devices control and gelatines, I write the gel number and I choose the manufacturer. The profile lights up in white which does not correspond to the requested color.

I try to use the gel picker (as your second image), and it doesn't work.

But if I use the color picker (as your first image), I get the desired colors . Then I come back to the gel picker and it works. It's very strange.

The problem appears when you start the console. But when you load a new file without restarting the console, the problem disappears and everything works normally.

Thanks for your help.

Have a good day.

• Hello . I tried using the 2nd pictured gel picker above  recently and had no luck with it at all .  Even device control tab with # then manufacturer didnt give any results . Both have worked in the past and i missed it a lot

Related