Cue links and loops

Hiya all,

I have just purchased two new Congo Jr's and I am very happy with them!

I have not yet been on the training course as our performance venue is not built yet and I have not employed any technical staff as yet to make going on a training course viable.

However I am trying to put together a small simple Christmas lighting instillation using one of the Congo's. I have been trying to teach myself the basics (I am an old strand 500 series programmer) and I have come up against a small issue. I have built a series of presets (cues as I would call them on the strand) which all follow on from each other and I now need to link the whole lot together. How is this done? Please go easy as I am still learning!

Thanks very much for any help,

Rob

• Hi Rob -

I'm about to rush out the door - but here's some help in setting up your autofollows - take a look at WFA timing (you may need to search for WAF timing in the help system/manual). This stands for WAIT FOLLOWON ALERT and offers three different options for you. It's WAIT and FOLLOWON that you are interested in here... 

Hope this helps -

Sarah 

• Hi Rob,

Assuming all your presets are in sequence 1 you need to open the sequence. Type [1] and then press [SEQ]. This opens the sequence list. In this list you can edit the wait or follow on times or any other times you want. The difference between follow on and wait times is a wait time starts when the previous cue has finished. If you use wait times you have to enter the time in the sequence step you want to wait. If you use follow on times the time has to be entered in the sequence step before. If you want to enter a time >59s for example 1 min 55 you have to type [155] and then press [MODIFY]. If you want to set the times the same for all your steps you highlight the first cell of WFA Time and the press [Column]. This will select the  whole column and you only have to enter the time once.

I hope that helps.

Florian

Related