Template for scroller with fixture intensity

Hi all

We have many scrollers on PARCans using a Congo Jnr. What we would like to do is create a template which has the PARCan as the intensity and the scroller as the colour attribute on the same fixture. Unfortunately our dimmers are hard patched to the first 200 odd channels. Aparantly on some desks it's possible to do this by giving each fixture 2 dmx channels (one for the dimmer and one for the scroller). Unfortunately we have not found a way of doing this on the Congo. Our other idea was to have a set offset between the dimmer and the scroller but, doing this, the desk does not allow anything to be patched between the two channels.

Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks

Rob Kettridge

Parents
  • Hi Rob -

In Congo the dimmer and scroller are patched to the same channel number directly. You can see this in the Channel List view. As Roman has said, you can add these scrollers in the Device List or you can use the Patch Wizard. If you use the  Patch Wizard and your dimmers are already patched to channels, then you need to make sure to UNCHECK the "Replace Existing Dimmers" setting in the Wizard (otherwise your dimmers will be unpatched and only the scrollers will remain).

Have you watched the tutorial that covers patching? I believe this may help to explain things more directly.

I hope this helps -

Thanks!

Sarah 

• Hi Rob -

In Congo the dimmer and scroller are patched to the same channel number directly. You can see this in the Channel List view. As Roman has said, you can add these scrollers in the Device List or you can use the Patch Wizard. If you use the  Patch Wizard and your dimmers are already patched to channels, then you need to make sure to UNCHECK the "Replace Existing Dimmers" setting in the Wizard (otherwise your dimmers will be unpatched and only the scrollers will remain).

Have you watched the tutorial that covers patching? I believe this may help to explain things more directly.

I hope this helps -

Thanks!

Sarah 

Children
No Data
Related