Where are my Plays?

As in a topic: where are my plays, I mean Play folder, after instalation of v6.3 Offline Editor software.

I see plays on USB card but folder Play Archive in Congo's browser stays empty, furthermore, when trying to save any play (Save as/Play Archive) I get message: No media available.

What's going on?

I want to upgrade my Congo console from v6.2 to the newest but in this case I am afraid.

Cheers, Andrzej.

P.S

I used Sony Vaio VPCEC3C5E with Windows 7 Professional for instalation.

• It is supposed to be "My Documents/Congo/Plays"

Is there a folder there, and if not is it possible that is has been deleted or renamed by mistake?

It's probably best to give your local ETC office a call or email to sort this out.

If the installer didn't handle this correctly it means there is now something odd about your install and we might need to get some keys from your computer's Registry to find out what happened and correct it.

• Indeed it is there. When I am closing Congo a new file is created in Congo folder with the name saved.asc. As I know, it is a temporary save file. But this is the only action performed. If somebody is interested in, I can do a short movie showing what is happened.

• Thanks, it sounds like this issue may be due to an incorrect setting somewhere in your PC that is either preventing the Congo Offline application from being able to save (eg permissions) or is telling Congo Offline to save somewhere that doesn't actually exist.

I think we can probably sort this out fastest if you can contact your local ETC office by phone or email:

Email: congo (at) etcconnect (dot) com
    Tel (German office): (+49) 8024 4700-0

Also, there is an option in System Settings > Utilities tab called "Backup Settings", to export Congo's settings to a USB stick, they get saved as "CongoSettings.cfg". A copy of these settings would be very useful to help figure out what has gone wrong in your installation.

[edited by: Richard at 4:38 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Oct 30 2012]
  • Thank you for reply. I'll try to contact ETC office.

But here is link to DropBox where I put a screencast showing my problem :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1654221/20121030_1401_17.mp4

It is already loaded

[edited by: akrynski at 9:14 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Oct 30 2012]
  • Ok, before I get in contact with ETC support somewhere in Germany, I think I found the answer.

I t is due to bad register value at .../AVAB/ .../Local Settings key. It points Plays to D: drive as on real Congo device.

But on my PC there is no D: drive so 'media is not available'. I found it returning to earlier installed version. After reinstalation I got the same errors, so I deinstalled Congo again, manually cleared all inputs with 'congo' word in register, and installed those earlier version again. Now it works. :D

• That sounds like you copied the System Settings from a console onto your PC.

The Congo installer won't change that Registry key if it already exists, and as you've seen it will create the 'right' ones if the keys aren't there.

• Yes indeed. I have had copy of console settings on my pc. Perhaps I forgotten that I have loaded it to offline editor. (But then, how it worked). Now I installed update to v6.3 and all works properly. :D

Thank you for your assistance.

Andrzej.

Related