master pages

Can any one help understand how the master pages work . 

I record a pre-set  in one page and the same pre set is also on page 2 . 

Parents
  • Hi -

As Richard says, it sounds like you have the same page assigned to the top and bottom rows of masters.

In addition to what Richard says, if you record directly to a master, you are actually creating a new preset at the same time. If you actually want that preset to be assigned to another master as well, on the same page or on a different page (or pages) you can use the syntax # PRESET & Master Key to assign any preset to any master at any time (assuming the preset # has been recorded already).

So, if you record directly to a master and create preset 801 on that master, you can assign preset 801 to any other master on any other page by using 801 PRESET & Master Key. Clearing preset 801 from any of those masters just removes the assignment for that master, it does not delete preset 801 from the preset list nor from any of the other masters you might have it assigned to.

Hope this helps -

Thanks -

Sarah

• Yes About the recording  strait to the Master and create a new 801 Preset or adding a exiting ## Preset to the Master i have understood that ;) 

What i haven't got yet is . i have 10 pages with 40 masters.  1-20 i record my preset . 21-40 i also record my preset BUT when i change to the 2 page the preset that i had recorded on page 1 (21-40) are also on Page 2 ., on the bottom/Top layer . ( i have realized whatever i record on (21-40) stay on all the pages and from (1-20) to record a new Preset .

I found i way to record the Preset on (21-40) without have them showing on the Next page (  setup/master and unselected the option ( auto update master page ) But wont save My show . 

So my Question is How to record a Preset on page 1 on using (1-20) than be able to record different Presets on Page 2 (1-20)  and so On ......

or how Read the page Blocks in the right way . ? 

[edited by: Del at 3:41 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Mar 6 2013]
  • Which version of the Congo software are you running on?

• Hi

I do have the same problem. We are often running show where the show is run manually and need to use the masters. Usually more than 40 so how can i get the different pages on faders without keeping page 2 always on the top level. We are having Congo kid , Cheers Filip

Reply Children
  • I have been in contact with Corey from ETC and he gave me the solution and it works. And I also have to say that the ETC customer service is very good and fast. Send in a problem report and got an answer 30min later. Thanks

Here is what he told me;

.Master Soft Key page for Jr & Kid (6.2)
    Since Congo jr and Congo Kid support masters without dedicated paging controls, there is a Masters soft key page with master functions. The Masters soft key page is selected with the soft key MASTERS in the Main Display of the Congo jr and Congo Kid.
    Display
    Page keys (PAGE 1-20, PAGE 21-41, PAGE 41-60, PAGE 61-80) These keys are the PAGE key for each master section. Master pages may be assigned to banks of masters even when no wings are attached to Congo jr. Congo Kid has physical faders for masters 1-20 and 21-40, and masters 41-60 and 61-80 may still be used with the Masters tab or dock and the keypad for selection and control.
    • Enter a number and press a Page #-# key to select a page for masters #-# • Hold a Page #-# key and press PAGE- or PAGE+ to change page last/next • Hold C and press a Page #-# key to clear this section.
    • Hold RECORD and press a Page #-# to record to this section (6.2) Channels Only mode keys These two keys are used to operate Channels Only mode for Congo jr when used with Universal Fader Wings and Congo Kid.
    • CHAN. ONLY MODE: Toggles Channels Only mode on/off • CHAN. RANGE: Steps through all possible channel ranges for the faders.

Try it out.

Cheers Filip

[edited by: corey at 6:08 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, May 11 2014] edit out my last name.
Related