independence key problem

These days i found a problem about the Congo independence key 7,8&9.

When I pushed on one of them then push any other keys on the board, the output of 7,8 or 9 will keep on full until I push the inpendence key again to release it.

I thought it's a bug of the Congo system.

Parents Reply
  • You can set the independents to be either be a toggle button or not.  When they are set to be toggle buttons they will stay at their recorded level until you press them again, like an on/off switch.  The toggle button option is a check box at the bottom of the window where you record the channels to the independent.  Browser>Setup>Independents>Independent 7-9.  I you can also get to that window by holding Setup and pressing the independent key you want to edit.

-Mat

Children
  • I just ran into this issue yesterday. I was hoping to use Ind keys 7 and 8 for a qick lightning effect. Since the buttons would have to be momentary for the effect to work, I double checked that the toggle function was not selected.

The issue is just as previously described...press and hold Ind 7 then click Ind 8. This lock Ind 7 in the ON state until the 7 key is pushed again.

Anybody from ETC want to respond to this?

• Firstly thank you for you reply Mat.

Yet I have noticed the toggle function and I'm sure that I didn't use this.So it must be the problem of the system.

• You have run into a current limitation of the way the independent buttons are decoded by the Congo application. If you hold one button down and press another one, the Congo will treat this as a key combination, not as single key strokes. This will confuse the key logic and make the first button "stick". We are aware of this problem and are working on a solution.

In the meantime, please try to avoid pressing IND buttons together. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Related