Scroller Calibration Editor

I have a question about the scroller calibration editor.  We’ve noticed that when for whatever reason we need to re-calibrate a scroller after presets are written, the preset does not reference the new calibration, but retains the level it was when the preset was originally written.  We then have to go back into the preset and change the level there.

Is there any way to make the preset reference the updated calibration much like it would with an updated palette?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hello Sarah!

WOW!!! I think this would be called "caught with the pants down"!!!!!

Fortunatly I've been working in a new theater with new clean gelstrings so I haven't needed to calibrate after programming. I have to admit that this comes as a big surprise!

I have always belived that the Congo had a good way of handling scrollers. It looked more or less like the Safari way. Beeing an ex-Safari user I was therefor quite easy to fool... In my opinion the frame-reference part is one of the basic things you expect when having a dedicated scroller-handeling...

I made a quick scan in the manual, and of course I didn't find anything about this. Only how to make and calibrate the rolls...

I hope this issue is among the top few on the wishlist. If not, it would be better to just clear out the whole thing about scrollerrolls and make templates for them. If you have to make palletes for them anyway, I guess a template with subranges would work just as good.

It would be good to hear others sharing my frustration here - or am I the only one missing this? (hope not...)

Thanks Sarah! I've just started making the default-play for a operahouse with about 250 scrollers in the standard rig. Got this just in time!

All the best!

Nils Haagenrud

• Hi Nils,

Unfortunately you are not alone being frustrated about this issue.... Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Have a good time playing with your 250 scrollers!

Stephan
  • I'm actually pretty surprised the topic has not come up before, but I guess if you have a new console, you are also likely to have new scrollers as well.  I am not so fortunate and am having to fix my scrollers quite frequently.

Sarah

• Doesn't look like we're gonna get any comment from ETC either.

I guess they're better off not speaking to much about it...

Nils

• Hi Nilsh,

Richard above is from ETC.

Regards.

Reply Children
No Data
Related