GOTO List view

Hi all -

We're wondering if anyone is using the Congo GOTO List tab. Could anyone with an opinion on this topic chime in?

Thanks!

Sarah

Parents
  • I use it occasionally--when I'm programming in a hurry and can't remember the Preset or Step # to hit # GOTO--which probably works out to a few times a week. Typically if that's the case, because I'm rushing, I will half the time forget to close the tab before hitting GOTO again, which then acts as a Go button if the list is still open. I don't much care for that feature, but clearly it's due to my own carelessness that it gets me in trouble. One thing I wish it would do is display both Preset and Step text, regardless of which GOTO option is chosen. Rarely do I get the chance to label everything before I need to go back and edit it again; I'll label whichever item makes the most sense at the time, depending on if I'm adjusting a step or a preset, and it would be nice to have that memory aid in the GOTO list tab.

[edited by: Anne S at 8:47 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Jan 23 2008] spelling edit
  • I second Anne's request.  I always label the Presets, since it is the first available option when recording, then if I can't remember the preset number to Goto directly I have to open the preset list and scroll through that, then back to the playback tab to hit the GOTO.  If the preset label was in the GOTO list, I would use that all the time instead.

J. R. Lidgett
    Salina Community Theatre

• We don't use this function.  If we need to GOTO it will be the designer or stage manager calling the number.  It's very rare for us to have a programmer in but no designer/sm; when it does happens we are usually using the masters for parties, weddings, or other events of that sort.

I do sometimes open the GOTO tab when I've been on the obsession for too long and I forget to type the number first.

-Mat

• We don't use this function.  If we need to GOTO it will be the designer or stage manager calling the number.  It's very rare for us to have a programmer in but no designer/sm; when it does happens we are usually using the masters for parties, weddings, or other events of that sort.

I do sometimes open the GOTO tab when I've been on the obsession for too long and I forget to type the number first.

-Mat

Children
No Data
Related