Touch Screens and Fixture Profiles

I am waiting on my CONGO JR. to arrive and I have a few questions.

1.  What touch screens will work with the Congo Jr.?   

2. Are the touch screens worth while on the Congo Jr.?

3.  I did not see any profiles for any Elation Fixture in the offline editor.  How do I request these to be built?

Chad Costanzo
Technical Director
Bob Burton Center for the Performing Arts

[edited by: CCostanzo at 10:04 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Jan 28 2007]
Parents
  • Regarding your questions about touch screens - I have a report of a monitor known to work with Congo and Congo jr - the LG L1730SF 17''.

Here is why we don't support more touch screens at the moment. Congo uses the Embedded XP version of the Windows operating system. We can set up this OS to allow or disallow installation of software on the Congo hard disk. We disallow installation of other programs because we want to ensure that the Congo performs correctly as a lighting console. Touchscreen monitors usually require that a driver be installed to provide calibration and other special functions of the monitor.  In a future version, we may include drivers for certain touch screen monitors.

Now, whether they are required or helpful with Congo - we worked very hard to eliminate the use of a mouse in Congo. There are certain functions that could be really cool with a touch screen, like using the channel layouts, however most of the daily use of the console can be done quite easily from the console keypad.

If others have tried out touch screens and have found them to work well with Congo, please feel free to let me know about them. Look for touch screen support in a future version of Congo.

Thanks -

Sarah 

• Regarding your questions about touch screens - I have a report of a monitor known to work with Congo and Congo jr - the LG L1730SF 17''.

Here is why we don't support more touch screens at the moment. Congo uses the Embedded XP version of the Windows operating system. We can set up this OS to allow or disallow installation of software on the Congo hard disk. We disallow installation of other programs because we want to ensure that the Congo performs correctly as a lighting console. Touchscreen monitors usually require that a driver be installed to provide calibration and other special functions of the monitor.  In a future version, we may include drivers for certain touch screen monitors.

Now, whether they are required or helpful with Congo - we worked very hard to eliminate the use of a mouse in Congo. There are certain functions that could be really cool with a touch screen, like using the channel layouts, however most of the daily use of the console can be done quite easily from the console keypad.

If others have tried out touch screens and have found them to work well with Congo, please feel free to let me know about them. Look for touch screen support in a future version of Congo.

Thanks -

Sarah 

Children
No Data
Related