irfr and iphone troubles..

Hi . 

I am Having trouble setting up my iphone with irfr. 

I have a netgear wireless router connected to the congo console.

i have followed instructions for setting up and connecting the iphone to the console.

I have manage to find the console with the remote app in the Settings, select console to connect to, but when i go to actually connect to the console in the welcome screen it will not connect. 

Also when i have connected to the wireless router i get the little wifi symbol at the top of the screen but when i set the static ip address given for the desk the symbol disappears..

I am running ios7 on the iphone.  Has anyone had similar difficulties or am i missing something simple. 

I have enabled remotes in the system menu.  

Thanks.. 

[edited by: Jkavanagh at 8:12 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Oct 15 2013]
Parents
  • should the address service dchp be enabled in network services? 

• No, because in this case you are using "Static IPs".

Have you tried setting your iPhone to have the IP from the previous post yet? Did it work?

The critically important thing is to remember that there are two different IP addresses that you'll type on your iPhone:

1. The IP address of the iPhone.
      This is only for the iPhone's "WiFi" settings page, and must be different to the Console IP and the IP of every other thing on the network.
    2. The IP address of the Console.
      This is only for the "New Console" page of the iRFR app.

There are a lot of different ways to configure WiFi networks for i/aRFR based on different basic assumptions, so you will see posts recommending various different methods.

The WiFi hardware (Netgear/Belkin) you've described above means that using Static IPs is the easiest method, because otherwise you would need to change settings on your WiFi hardware that may be hard to find.

[edited by: Richard at 6:36 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Oct 19 2013]
  • Still trying may be a hardware issue... had to put it on the back burner for a few days due to a busy theatre.. I will let you know how we go.. 

Thanks for all the help. 

• Richard said:

If your WiFi device has an ethernet "WAN" port, then it is a Router.
    Connect the console to the WAN port, use the router's default settings and set your iPhone to DHCP/Automatic.

I found it easier to connect the desk to the router via a LAN port and to disable DHCP in the Router. Then for testing purposes do the following, but proceed with CAUTION

1. Enable DHCP services on your Congo and see if your iDevice get a valid IP and Subnet mask.
    2. If it does you have proven that the principal WIFI connection works.
    3. No disable DHCP settings on your Congo again
    4. Set the IP-Address and Subnet-mask to your original settings. The Gateway should be the IP of the desk in an unrouted network
    5. On your iDevice set an IP-Address within the same Subnet, but different from your Congo and set the Gateway( labelled Router) the same than your device IP.

You should now be able to connect.

• Richard said:

If your WiFi device has an ethernet "WAN" port, then it is a Router.
    Connect the console to the WAN port, use the router's default settings and set your iPhone to DHCP/Automatic.

I found it easier to connect the desk to the router via a LAN port and to disable DHCP in the Router. Then for testing purposes do the following, but proceed with CAUTION

1. Enable DHCP services on your Congo and see if your iDevice get a valid IP and Subnet mask.
    2. If it does you have proven that the principal WIFI connection works.
    3. No disable DHCP settings on your Congo again
    4. Set the IP-Address and Subnet-mask to your original settings. The Gateway should be the IP of the desk in an unrouted network
    5. On your iDevice set an IP-Address within the same Subnet, but different from your Congo and set the Gateway( labelled Router) the same than your device IP.

You should now be able to connect.

Children
No Data
Related