Connecting ArtNet to Congo

OK, I give up.  I've been trying to connect my computer to Congo via ArtNet to run an couple of things I've downloaded of the net that are ArtNet compatible, but I can't get the board and the PC to talk to each other.  Could someone give me a step by step on how to network together the two.  I can't find any real clear instructions on how to do this!

J. R. Lidgett
Salina Community Theatre

Parents Reply Children
  • There is also a setting where you can select if ArtNet is sending on the 255.255.255.255, 2.255.255.255 or 10.255.255.255 broadcast address. Some receiving equipment might be sensitive to which broadcast address that is used. Try the three different settings and see if it works better.

• First step is to check that the Congo and the PC are both on the network, so check for network activity lights - on Congo at least one network LED should be flickering, and this is usually true on PC network cards as well.

ArtNet is a broadcast protocol, which will never go through a router and is blocked by some 'Smart' switches, so make sure you've only got 'dumb' switches or hubs between the Congo and your PC.

Related