Startup and Times

Hi all.

When we power on our consoles, Congo or Congo Jr. with the new release of Cobalt, we've got 2 diferents things that happen. On Congo Jr the Step 1 of the Main Sequence appears on the A field, so if we've got a Preset, for instance Prs1, it appears on the Live Tab all the channels on that Preset. On Congo the Step 1 appears on B field like always. As a workaround we've got to record a new Preset that is a blackout and insert before the first Preset on the main sequence to no see any channels on after the power up the Congo Jr. This happen in all of the 3 Congo Jrs that we've got so my question is if this is normal or a bug on the Conbalt (Congo+Cobalt)???

About the Wait/Alert time my question is:

Why can we pause but not accelerate or slow down the Wait time??? Sometimes we've got to accelerate the wait time, for instance if an actor moves faster than it supposed to do, but it's impossible to do that. I've got a colleague that find out that we can pause this Wait or Alert time and after the release those leds next to the Go key light up. If the Wait/Alert time is running normally the leds are off and just came on when the crossfade begin. Is this pause but not slow/accelerate normal??? and the leds light up during the release of the pause of the Wait/Alert time??? This happens all consoles.

Pedro Alves

• The position of the A/B faders is read when you start up Cobalt. Make sure they are at the top bottom or it will start up partway through the fade.
    (Edit: Sorry, mixed this up with Eos Family)

"Alert" times have no direct effect, they are simply a reminder to the operator that they may need to wake up and pay attention!

"Wait" times can be paused but not accelerated because you can always hit [GO] if it needs to happen sooner.

• HI

We ALWAYS use the A/B Faders at the top, not bottom, cause this way it's "not easy" to start a crossfade if we put a hand on the console. We use this system for years, since from the Avab consoles until Congo consoles. Why this happen on the Congo Jr console but  not on the CongoSr?????? Only since it appears the Cobalt software this "new" thing it happens. Can it be possible for this not to happen???

The Alert Times is just for US operators a reminder that we need to wake up so I think  is silly if we can pause it. If we are watching the show why do we have to pause the Alert time??????? As you said this is only a reminder and if the actor speeds up his/her speech/movement this reminder not affect anything. (I am a BIG fan of this Alert time please never lose it.)

The Wait Time it's different because some times we need to accelerate/slow until almost the crossfade begin (at that crucial moment that only operators know when release this accelerate/down moment). Press the [GO] we always can do that but sometimes it's enough to accelerate/slow slightly to put the Wait time on is right track. For me the Wait time is like the crossfade time, if we can accelerate/pause/slow the crossfade than we can do also that with Wait. We came from Avab consoles and with those consoles we can do everything with the Wait time.

If we Pause a Wait time and then release it, the leds just right to [GO] leads us to a wrong ideia cause they light up and we think that the crossfade begin and is only the remain of the Wait time. This is not good to the operator.

Pedro Alves

• Hi Pedro - There's a bug that loads a step into A on Congo jr and Congo Kid consoles that was just discovered last week. We will fix this in the next version. Leaving the faders at the top makes the B field live, which can mean there is light output on startup. This has been true on all Congo consoles from the beginning. This is why we recommend leaving the faders in the down position. Thanks - Sarah
Related