Wireless Remote Issues

Hello

I'm having some issues with my wireless remotes.

As we have two venues next door to each other run by Congos the wireless remote is affecting both venues at once. I take it this is because the remotes run on a fixed frequency.

I was wondering if there is any way of setting up the remotes in the two venues so that they can run simultaneously and not affect each other?

Additionally, does v5 come with the ability to utilise the wireless remote with 'at' mode?

P.S.

This wasn't a problem until recently, we've had 6 months issue free. We have recently installed a wifi network for internet access, is it possible that this can affect the wireless remote range?

Oh, and don't worry none of our desks have had a wiff of being connected to the internet.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

• Which remotes do you have?

There are two different varieties of wireless remote for the Congo console - the cRRFU that has an array of buttons, and the RFR that has a small screen.

The two remotes use different methods to change the frequency.

• Hey Richard

We've got two of the cRRFU remotes.

However, it's under discussion as they're very awkward to use.
    Especially in the dark when I forget the head torch.

Cheers

Paul

• pfroy:

However, it's under discussion as they're very awkward to use.
    Especially in the dark when I forget the head torch.

I think you can set the backlight for the keys some where. I hope I am not wrong, but I think you can set Intensity and duration of you key backlights.

Maybe Richard can remind me ;-)

Florian

• Hi guys -

If you download the setup guide for the RRFU or cRRFU, it contains the info you're looking for regarding sleep time. It also includes the instructions for changing the frequency used by the transmitter and receiver units so you can use two systems in close proximity to each other. :-)

Download the appropriate document here.

Thanks -

Sarah

[edited by: sclausen at 8:26 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 29 2008] Added info about frequency settings.
  • One extra thing!

The instructions for changing the base station frequency only apply to the XLR-6 version.

You need a software tool that runs on a Windows-based PC to change the frequency of the USB version of the base station.

If you send an email to congo (at) etcconnect (dot) com, I'll email you a ZIP containing this tool and instructions for use.

• Thank you for the replies.

I'm glad Richard mentioned the software as our remotes are both USB.
    (I'll be in touch shortly)

Regarding the backlighting of the remote, I appreciate the suggestion to change the level of the backlight but that isn't the issue.
    The main problem with the wireless remote is the fact that the button labelling is to the side of the buttons. Therefore, having the buttons backlit performs little purpose in fact it obscures the visibility of the labelling. The only benefit of the backlight I can see so far is that it blinks when your press a key. As you need to firmly press keys to have some idea of what your pressing the blinking is very handy. However, during application of the remote in a focus session, trying to remember what the last button you pressed was is very hard. The lack of a display is a real hinderence as the syntax is not only frustrating but when things are not working it adds to the problems not knowing exactly what buttons were pressed.

Additionally, no one has mentioned anything about the provision of 'at' mode on the remote, is it possible? 

Applogies for the little rant, the remote is far from a finished product in my opinion.  

• With the next software release the remote will work in at-mode as far as I am aware.

Please correct me, if I am wrong ;)

Florian 

Related