Wireless Remote Issues

Hello

I'm having some issues with my wireless remotes.

As we have two venues next door to each other run by Congos the wireless remote is affecting both venues at once. I take it this is because the remotes run on a fixed frequency.

I was wondering if there is any way of setting up the remotes in the two venues so that they can run simultaneously and not affect each other?

Additionally, does v5 come with the ability to utilise the wireless remote with 'at' mode?

P.S.

This wasn't a problem until recently, we've had 6 months issue free. We have recently installed a wifi network for internet access, is it possible that this can affect the wireless remote range?

Oh, and don't worry none of our desks have had a wiff of being connected to the internet.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Parents Reply
  • pfroy:

However, it's under discussion as they're very awkward to use.
    Especially in the dark when I forget the head torch.

I think you can set the backlight for the keys some where. I hope I am not wrong, but I think you can set Intensity and duration of you key backlights.

Maybe Richard can remind me ;-)

Florian

Children
  • Hi guys -

If you download the setup guide for the RRFU or cRRFU, it contains the info you're looking for regarding sleep time. It also includes the instructions for changing the frequency used by the transmitter and receiver units so you can use two systems in close proximity to each other. :-)

Download the appropriate document here.

Thanks -

Sarah

[edited by: sclausen at 8:26 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 29 2008] Added info about frequency settings.
  • One extra thing!

The instructions for changing the base station frequency only apply to the XLR-6 version.

You need a software tool that runs on a Windows-based PC to change the frequency of the USB version of the base station.

If you send an email to congo (at) etcconnect (dot) com, I'll email you a ZIP containing this tool and instructions for use.

Related