freeze issues

I'm having a few problems when we use "Freeze". 

The first problem is that when you return back to "On", while the levels onstage stay the same, the preset display in the sequence stack goes away.  Sometimes the refresh key will bring the display back, but not always.  Either way, it seems like an unneccesary keystroke and if it doesn't work it's really hard to tell what preset we were in.

The second problem is that while in freeze, it displays the live output of the attributes rather that accurately showing the attributes in the presets we're looking at in freeze.  If we change the attributes and update, it works, but it's hard to know if it was accurately updated as it's still showing live output.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Mark

Parents Reply Children
  • I'll explain why we're using freeze and maybe someone will have an idea of how to accomplish the same task some other way.

Two reasons:

-The designer wants to continue to look at where the actors are in tech while we are presetting attributes in previous presets.  With other designers I would just go back to the preset that I need to update in the live output but since I can't do that, it seems like freeze is the best option.

- The designer wants to be able to look at presets on his display (a laptop used as a client) in "blind" (he thinks in obsession) that are different from the live output on stage.  Freeze is the only way I have found to be able to switch his display for him (because he doesn't want to have to push buttons to look at things himself). 

• Hi Mark -

The scrollers not updating sounds like a bug - we will take a look at that here.

In the designer example, you're going into Freeze so that the designer's client updates with "blind" information without his having to navigate himself? Clever! But not optimal. :-) We will look at improving this in a future version.

Thanks -

Sarah

Related