Problems and questions

Hello 

I have some questions about Congo consoles with the Version 5.

- When I went to show the innovations of this version to a friend I open a new play and after used Import Template Wizard for ETC Revolution and Superscan ClayPaky. Also used the "Import from" for the scroller that I'm using with Revolution. After I used the "Patch Wizard" to patch all the moving lights. My surprise was that I didn't get to work with the moving lights because although they are in Templates and the amount of attributes that each model uses when I open those attributes tab doesn't appear anything. I solved the problem by open the play that I'm doing at this moment and that was recorded with the Beta version 5 and used the "Delete Wizard". When I tried to open a new play in the editor offline everything appears normal. Will it be the problem of the Congo console?? or of the software version 5??  I've got that new play on my pen but I can't insert the file here

- I use the Notes editor a lot and later when I no longer need them I delete the ones that are to much. What is happen is that there is one Note that I can't delete and I no longer need it. I delete other but that one that I don't need is there always. I don't understand why. 

- Print is very strange but it is not of this version. When I make a print normally only use the type Sequence & Preset but later when I will open it to print I find very strange to have in the attributes the same channel several times but with their whole attributes. This for one side is very bad because besides not being very easy of watch where it ends a channel and it begins the other, it fills a lot of space in the paper. For instance this last play that I did when printing me would spend 134 pages and I think I don't need so much. Why not arrange one more print type that is called "Used Attributes" for instance?? 
Also I use the Alert time and when it appears in the print cames like Wait that is very bad because it shuffles the times when have some wait times. Instead of appear as wait why doesn't appear as Alert?? or then if it doesn't is a wait time then it is not printed. 

- This was my mistake but strange. After being some time to correct the light program and as I was with hurry to leave I tried to save the play with all of the corrections, but I clicked too fast 2 times in "Save" and in the 3 monitors appear the Congo logo. I noticed my mistake soon cause I didn't wait that appeared the box askingif I want to save over the last play. What is strange is that after reboot the console it appeared the box to asking if I want to use the recovery file and logical I click saying that yes but what appeared was an empty play with the same name that I'm using. I open the file "* *.001" and later redo the whole alterations. I know that was me that committed the mistake but it is strange to ask if I want to use the recovery file and later it doesn't have anything there, no presets, no sequence, no groups. 

- When I use in the Editor offline "Console mimic" (one of the best things of this version) how I choose in Direct Selects the Type that I want to use?? I'm asking cause we have to press in 2 keys in simultaneous and if in the console there is no problem, in the computer it is difficult to do that but should it have some trick no? Will you can say how? 

- Now it's a request. If in LCD's of the Congo console the color can be inverted, dark background and white letters, it is not possible to do the same in central LCD??  

I'm sorry for this big post, but I joinning these things and post everything at the same time.  

Pedro Alves

Parents
  • Hi Pedro -

1) Which library did you import those templates from? I just imported those files from the standard library and had no troubles...

2) Anders will have to speak to the Notes function...

3) We have not touched printing at all in this version. We are planning on making improvements to printing in the next major software release for Congo.

4)  It's hard to say what happened with saving your show - what exactly do you mean by "clicked too fast 2 times in "Save""- do you mean you doubleclicked this with the mouse twice (4 clicks total)? I cannot replicate this situation here.

5) The keys in the console mimic can be "held" by pressing CTRL while clicking. This is how you can replicate a key being held with another key.

6) Just curious - why would you want to do that? The display is very different from the others and the invert LCDs option was added because in some conditions it was very difficult to read the masters LCDs. We have not found the ML display to be difficult to read, though, so that is why it does not invert. 

Thanks for the comments!

Sarah

• Hi Sarah

1) I use the Standart library from the Import Templates Wizard. And as I said before in my PC with Offline editor everything works fine. That's why I'm asking if it's possible the console have some problem. I'll send to you that new play that I create with Congo console

2) About Notes it's strange why i can't delete some of them.

3) And when can we see this improvements on the Print. I've got to print this new play that has to many attributes in almost Presets and I've got to delete most of them before print.

4)I press the Modify key to fast. What I mean is that I press the Modify key twice to fast. I know that's my mistake cause I've got to wait to see the dialog box to confirm the Save. No problem with that.

5)Thanks for the Console mimic solution

6) Sometimes it's not about the dificult to read but about where the console is. The light regie where I'm working is very close to the public and I've got a balcony right above me. So all of my lights have to be in minimun otherwise will disturbe the spectators of the play. That's why I'm asking if it's possible to do that cause if I use the Console settings to put the light from that LCD in minimun I can't read right what is there. That's only one more thing to add to the wish list for the future I thing

Thanks

Pedro Alves

• Hi,

1) As we found out in today's email conversation, the show file you are importing into doesn't contain any Parameter Definitions at all. This explains the problems you are facing. How did you create this show file? Did you import data from another console or show file? Did you start with a New show file?

2) If you send me a show file with notes that cannot be deleted (and tell me which note that has the problem), I'll try to find out why.

• Hello

I start a New show file and after I saw that there aren't any Parameter Definitions on the Templates I try "Import from" another show file where I know that all moving lights work without problems. The first one is the file that I'll send you tomorrow and after I saw the same problem I try "Import from" "Templates" from others show files that where from older version but the result was the same.

Pedro Alves

• If you make New show file (from the Browser) and there are no parameters in the Parameter Definitions list, there is something fundamentally wrong. Can you repeat this? Does it happen each time you make New?

Importing data from other show files will just import the selected data type, not other related data. If the play file you are importing into doesn't have any parameters defined, importing the Templates will not work correctly (as you found).

First, we need to make sure that you can clear the system to a correct default state. 

• Hi

This happen every time I try to do a New show file but only on the Congo console. In the Offline editor I've got no problem.

About the import data I use the Import from on some plays that I do before and where the moving lights work so the templates on that plays are ok

Here i'm sending the play where and can´t delete the Notes. They are with the color Cyan and don't have any text

[edited by: Pedro Alves at 11:07 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, May 22 2008]
    conto americano 1.asc
  • Hi Pedro -

Please reinstall the v5 software on this console and try this again. Please let us know if it changes the situation.

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hello Sarah

I've reinstall the v5 software this last afternoon on the console and the final result is the same. Everytime I try to make a New play the Parameter attributes of the Templates aren't there.

Pedro Alves

• I may be barking up the wrong tree, but which language are you running the Congo in?

Does it make any difference if you change the console language? 

• I assume that you select Browser/File/New and select "start with a New file" (not the default file). Correct?

Have you been using the Default file Wizard?

Reply Children
No Data
Related