Problems using Mask -V5

I'm having issues with the mask button. When I press and hold Mask F, C, B than press Modify and Mask, nothing is checked off. If I Press and Hold Mask F, C, B (so that nothing is masked), than press and hold Modify and Mask, everything's checked off.

So here's the question...

If I want to mask ONLY Gobo1, Gobo2, And all color, how do I do this?

Please help.

MZ 

Parents
  • Hi Mike -

Here's how I use the Mask function - 

Press MASK once to turn the Mask on - the LED in the key lights. Press and hold MASK then press FOCUS (or COLOR or BEAM, or U1, U2 or U3) to mask out an entire category of parameters, or press and hold MASK then press the WHEEL KEY that corresponds to a single parameter. So for example, if I want to mask all beam parameters other than Iris, I would first mask out all of beam, then unmask Iris using MASK & WHEEL KEY. Make sense? Masks are toggled, so if you mask something and you then want to unmask it, simply repeat the keystroke - MASK & category key or MASK & WHEEL KEY.

Thanks -

Sarah

• Well on my machine it seems to be reversed now. I always use mask and this is something new to version 5. Right now I have to mask everything but Gobo1 and Gobo2 to mask Gobo1 and Gobo2

MZ 

• Hi Mike -

It works as expected here... Is there aything else special you're doing? Can you send me a play file?

Thanks -

Sarah

Reply Children
No Data
Related