Problems using Mask -V5

I'm having issues with the mask button. When I press and hold Mask F, C, B than press Modify and Mask, nothing is checked off. If I Press and Hold Mask F, C, B (so that nothing is masked), than press and hold Modify and Mask, everything's checked off.

So here's the question...

If I want to mask ONLY Gobo1, Gobo2, And all color, how do I do this?

Please help.

MZ 

Parents
  • Hi Folks

I use Mask + FCB.  I haven't noticed any change in V5, but I didn't and don't use the mask editor.

To do what you want to do Mike, I would

Press Beam to get to the screen showing Gobo1 and Gobo2 (I setup U1 to be G1, G1 Rotate, G2, G2 Rotate)

Press and release Mask (LED on)

Press and hold Mask

Press and release Color

Press and release the encoder buttons above the wheels for Gobo1 and Gobo 2 one at a time.

Release Mask

In the LCD display near the bottom, you should see F C+ B-.

For all the users new to mask, the plus means that all the attributes in the group are masked, and the minus means that only some of the attributes in the group are masked.  The masked attributes show up as --- in the live attributes tab.

I use mask to build sequences that only effect focus, color, beam or some combination.

Take care,

John

• Thanks everyone for the advice. But let's look at this a little bit.

Before version 5.0 modify>mask displayed what is masked and what wasn't. Now with version 5.0, what is checked is not masked (even though the heading is "Mask"

So is it the case now that "Mask" (checked) means not masked in the editor?

MZ 

• Hi Mike,

I played with it offline in v5 and with the console I am sitting behind running v4.2  (not my console, so I haven't upgraded its software), and I see what you mean.  The mask editor is reversed in V5 from V4.2.

The question is, "Is it a feature or a design flaw?"

I don't think that I would get into using the mask editor, unless...you could have a list of MASKs that were saved.  Now, that would be the icing on the cake.

Take care,

John

• Hi guys -

Yes, given the checked/unchecked thing, the column header is misleading. I've added as an item to be fixed in a future release - to either return to the on/off status, or to change the column header and check mark behavior. If the column were named "masked" and the checks appeared only on those items that were in fact masked, it would be a lot clearer.

However, for now, think of the check mark as indicating available or active parameters, not the actual masked ones. We'll get it sorted out.

Sorry for the confusion - 

Sarah

• Hi guys -

Yes, given the checked/unchecked thing, the column header is misleading. I've added as an item to be fixed in a future release - to either return to the on/off status, or to change the column header and check mark behavior. If the column were named "masked" and the checks appeared only on those items that were in fact masked, it would be a lot clearer.

However, for now, think of the check mark as indicating available or active parameters, not the actual masked ones. We'll get it sorted out.

Sorry for the confusion - 

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related