Loading channel(s) to a Master

Sorry if this gets posted twice, Internet Explorer just had some kind of seizure-- 

Small question:

Why, when I load selected channels to a master as an unrecorded group [PRESET & MASTER key], is the output level of that channel subtracted from Live? As I sit here in Preset 1, channel 10 is at 45%. If I select it [10 CH/ID] and hit PRESET & MASTER, it's recorded to the master at 45% but drops down to 0 in live output.

Anne.

• It sounds like to me that, instead of retaining the usual HTP settings, the console switches you recorded channels to Master taking priority. Mayhaps one of the enlightened devolpers can answer if this is a bug or feature?
  • Hi

The idea of loading channels one by one to masters comes from having to balance for example a cyclorama with intensities and wanting to quickly assign them to faders for manual control. Therefore, they are "cleared" from the current field (A) so that there is no HTP conflict between the master fader and the current field (A).

All other functions for loading information to the masters will load a "copy" - leaving the original channels in the current field.

Make sense?

All best - Ulf 

PS. There is no "priority" for intensity channels other than HTP (pile-on) between all fields, and Capture to override HTP.

Related