What's wrong with flash keys???

Hello,

When using flash keys really fast, sometimes some of the masters get stuck at 100%. How can this happen? Then I have to use the master fader, move it up to 100%, and then move it down to get 0%.

It is REALLY annoying when master content is a strobe and you can't turn it off...

This is a real issue. Do you have any solution to that?

Thanks for answering

Stephan 

Parents Reply
  • Hi All,

I haven't seen any problems like this on the Congo I most often use, and I hit the buttons pretty hard and fast.

Is it possible that the flash button is getting physically stuck down?  The other thought is to check the USB jumpers inside the console and make sure that they are seated fully.

Take care,

John

Children
  • Sorry, they are not physically stuck. This happens with all flash keys. The only way to turn them down is to move the master fader up and down. I will check USB connections as soon as I get to work.
  • Finally some progress on this.

I think I have now found the situation where it happens. It might be related to the use of the FlashOnTime mode. If I turn this mode on, I can make it stuck in the way you describe. Is this what you are using? If so, can you try running with this option turned off?

(Apparently, it didn't occur to us that this mode could have been turned on, because it is a bit unusual. This is why we didn't find it immediately. Sorry about that.)

I will work on a fix for this in the next release.

• Hi Anders,

I actually use Flash on Time mode. But I am not quite sure I was always using it when the flash key issue happened... I'm glad you found a fix though, and I am waiting for the next release now, because I need both Flah on Time AND flash ! Thanks for support, Congo is great!
Related