Client Dongle

I have managed to set up network setting on the Congo and Laptop using a fixed IP address. I still get no Client option on the startup on the laptop. Drivers are installed and show under sytem when I insert the dongle.

Both are running the latest update - setting seem to be the same as far as I can tell. Tried different protocols.

Any ideas

Parents
  • Hi there -

Have you checked the Windows firewall settings on the PC? Is the Congo application blocked? This could keep the PC from seeing the console, which would keep the Client option from appearing on the PC as well.

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi

Tried all above - client light is on, firewall if off (did show congo in exeptions) - still no client showing on Laptop - Network talking - ping from laptop working - tried with DHCP & static ip configuration.

I seem to think that the dongle is not talking to the software. It does light up and shows in system devices. 

Look forward to some miracle line of advice

Thanks

Deon

• Hi

Tried all above - client light is on, firewall if off (did show congo in exeptions) - still no client showing on Laptop - Network talking - ping from laptop working - tried with DHCP & static ip configuration.

I seem to think that the dongle is not talking to the software. It does light up and shows in system devices. 

Look forward to some miracle line of advice

Thanks

Deon

Children
Related